Wednesday, October 26, 2016

True Fit?


I want to scare you as you embark upon the next stage of your life.

Up until now you have followed a well-trodden path with some direction and a few choices to make along the way; and now as you prepare to graduate, some of you will go on to higher education while the rest will without a doubt be seeking a job. My advice for you – be you, the world will adjust. I want to give you permission to start thinking differently and to find the right fit for you, instead of trying to fit in; to find a job that lets you be you and do the things that you are good at most of the day, and requires a little effort on the things you are not good at.

After I graduated from Queen’s University I spent my entire career in the financial services industry, culminating in becoming President of CIBC Wood Gundy at the age of 37. After having been a trailblazer in building and starting businesses, one day I found myself at the end of a barrel with the words “we can’t live up to your expectations or aspirations.” I had been fired, and the long and the short of it was that I DIDN’T FIT.

I didn’t even really know what fit was, not until it happened to me again at the Bank of Montreal when after two years as a vice chairman I was gone again. I was forced to take stock and figure out what people should pay me for, and that began a wonderful journey to find my True Fit, while helping others find theirs, by using four simple steps.

My new book True Fit is available on-line and in all bookstores. 

Amazon.ca
Chapters.indigo.ca

1 comment:

  1. Acknowledge Credit Cards Easy, Fast and consistent! On the off chance that you as of now preparing, Let us beat those rates. Our altered online installment door arrangements can make development in deals strategies and a simpler client encounter for your customers. Additional layer of security for your business with Chargeback Management, Chargeback Prevention Alerts. Here are possibilities for Visa installment arrangements, charge card handling arrangements, electronic installment arrangements and international payment solutions.

    ReplyDelete